We do all of the construction of the sheds at your location. Shelter Sheds are engineered to withstand the weather conditions along the Front Range. The sheds are ONLY built in four sizes. Those sizes are (12 x 12), (12 x 24), (12 x 36) & (12 x 48). Shelter Sheds are designed to accommodate horses and other livestock but they are also used for hay, tack and equipment storage. The standard height of the roof is 8 feet at the peak with a sloping roof down to a 7 feet back wall. The 2 feet overhang off the front, drops down about a foot from the peak. The sheds are made from 2” square steel tubing welded together to create the frame. The frame is covered with 29 gauge corrugated metal siding. All sheds come with 7/16 OSB wood that is 4 feet high around the inside of the shed for no additional charge. The portable sheds are strongly anchored to the ground with engineered stakes. The metal siding colors to choose from are listed on the Color Chart page. The seven options we offer to customize sheds are listed below.
The seven customizing options available are:
- A two feet overhang off the front for extra protection & style. This is the most common option added. People like the eye appeal that the overhang adds to the shed.
- Dividing walls (full height or half height walls) can be added to divide the shed to create individual stalls or to divide the shed to create separate hay/equipment storage.
- A partial enclosing front wall can be added for protection from weather in all directions. The front wall comes standard with 7/16 OSB wood that is 4 feet high on the interior wall like the rest of the shed.
- The sides and back wall can NOT be removed or altered (except for the height) only the front wall layout can be customized. The prices reflect up to a 12 feet wall but front walls can be any length. We do not make any kind of doors or install them except the 3 feet man door found on the tack rooms. However, we can weld a gate on a four or six feet opening in a front wall, and with a full dividing wall added, this would create a stall or hay room.
- The roof height can be raised 1 foot to create a 9 feet at the peak sloping back to an 8 feet back wall. (the overhang drops down about a foot from the peak) This option is used for tall horses or hay and tractor storage. It is recommended to measure tractor height and verify clearance.
- Upgrade the OSB wood to thicker/stronger 23/32 OSB.
- Add steel edging to cover the top and front edges of the OSB wood. This protects the edges from livestock chewing on them and also offers protection from the weather. We highly recommend this option for sheds sheltering horses, as most horses will chew and eventually destroy the wood.
- Add in a tack room of 8 or 12 feet wide by 12 feet deep. The tack room is build inside of the shed size chosen. They do not add length to the shed. The 8 feet tack room is only available on the 12 x 24 shed.
Steps to ordering Shelter Sheds:
Click on the “Get A Quote” tab then fill out the form and click on the submit button. We will call you after receiving it to gather additional information about the site and then will email you back an invoice with an estimated completion date. The sheds are built on site, so the estimated completion date is based upon having GOOD working weather.
The completion of the shed building usually ranges from 1 1/2 weeks to 2 1/2 weeks once the deposit is received. The actual time that we are at the job site is 2 mornings for a few hours each time and usually a few days apart depending on the current schedule and weather conditions. A few days prior to coming to your location for construction, we will call to coordinate times. The first trip is to set the frame up and the second trip is to finish building the shed. On the first trip, we will need someone there to show us where the shed will be located. On the second trip we will need someone there to verify that the shed is positioned correctly before staking it down and to pay the final payment. Installation of the shed does not include ground leveling. However, the sheds do not require the ground to be perfectly level. They sit on top of the ground and are staked down with engineered stakes.
The sheds will initially be built on your property, however they are portable and can be relocated after they are built. The sheds can later be loaded on a trailer and hauled to another location. We don’t relocate sheds but there are companies that do offer that service. We Do Not do any kind of repairs, add ons, re-sheeting, demolition, or relocation to any existing shed or barn. Our business/service is the construction of brand new Shelter Sheds. Therefore we do not make a kit for the customer to assemble or offer the option for customers to pick up a completely constructed shed at our location. The type of shed we build is also referred to as a loafing shed, 3 sided shed, run in shed, portable horse barn, portable livestock shed, etc.